Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest
February 8th — February 14th
The first onchain bounty proposal was submitted by Raul RTTI to the Kusama network council for approval — to develop a robust UI allowing users to submit, check status and manage bounties on Polkadot Apps.
The first round of Bifrost 2nd Mint Drop has finished and already satisfied the 5,000 vETH quota in 72 hours. https://vtoken.io/drop The second round will start at 14:00 Feb 20th, 2021 UTC+8. Bifrost will update the MintDrop page and bring to users a more stable user experience.
- Plasm Network announced that they raised $2.4M in a Series A funding round led by Binance Labs. Other participants are: HashKey, LongHash, Digital Finance Group, and Pakafund.
- Plasm prepared 35% of total supply for PLOs and distributed 32.5% through lockdrops. (around 65%) Tokens were distributed before raising funds from VCs.
- Network invites active and passionate community members to join its Ambassadors Program.
- Short review of Kylin Network by Polkadot News.
The first project launching on Ignition (IDO platform by Paid) will be Shadows (substrate-based synthetic asset issuance protocol). Details.
Reef has presented its new DeFi product: Reef Bonds — a DeFi initiative where users can stake their assets for a certain lock-up period and earn lucrative returns. Details and step-by-step guide.
Fractal will launch the Community Sale of 4,000,000 $FCL tokens (0.5% of total supply) on the Polkastarter platform on Thursday, 25th February 2021. Sale price: $0.10/ $FCL. A total of $400,000 will be raised.
Interlay placed a proposal to fund the incentivizing campaign for PolkaBTC beta testnet from Polkadot treasury, since the BTC-Parachain does not have a native token. PolkaBTC is the trustless wrapped Bitcoin representation on Polkadot. Discussion.
Several updates were presented last week:
- Now Subsocial dapp supports public spaces. A space owner can choose between three levels of access control (only space owner can write posts, followers can write posts or everyone can write posts).
- Automated Subsocial faucet was implemented.
Phala, Evolution Land by Darwinia Network, Bridge Mutual and BondDex by Bondly are releasing their PolkaPets on Feb 17th, 4 PM EST. All prints will be sold on BondSwap.
- HydraDX distributed xHDX via a Balancer Liquidity Bootstrapping pool on Monday 8.2.2021. The final price of xHDX set by the market is $0.08059. 22.9m DAI have been raised as the initial liquidity for HydraDX chain (of which 430k+ in fees) and 87% of xHDX from the pool have been sold. Remaining xHDX will be moved to HydraDX treasury.
- HydraDX FAQ: token price, vesting schedule, xHDX claiming, recent exploit and other questions.
Figment created a proposal to request $DOTs to be used as incentives to grow the Polkadot developer ecosystem via its platforms Figment Learn and DataHub. Polkassembly discussion.
KodaDot NFT Explorer is available now as Chrome App. Check new mints.
Shot from the new comic — “What is Nominated Proof-of-Stake?”
PolkaProject has updated its overview of Polkadot Ecosystem V2021.02
DFG Group (Venture Capital firm focused on Digital Assets, Blockchain Technology Investments and Crypto) established an exclusive Polkadot Ecosystem Fund that will count with $20 million dollars focused on assisting and promoting the top-tier projects of each sector being developed in this space. Details.
Reef DeFi is collaborating with Paralink to utilize its oracle platform and flexible nodes. The partnership will allow Reef to use paralink’s oracles for real time price data and include $PARA token in Reef baskets.
Tidal will protect the smart contracts created on StaFi Protocol and develop a mechanism that provides additional yield as the insurance/their incentive can be built in.
Tidal Finance partners with Rai Finance to bolster platform security and expand liquidity pools.
SpiderDAO will utilize PAID’s SMART Agreements to create and strengthen future internal and external agreements. PAID Network will leverage SpiderDAO’s dual-governance DAO model in designing its own ecosystem governance model
The integration of Paralink Network (oracle solutions) will allow Konomi Network (decentralised money market) to obtain cross-chain assets pricing and real world data for the money market starting from $DOT/$KSM pairs.
Equilibrium DeFi will collaborate with Curve Finance to bring a Substrate-based runtime version of Curve’s AMM to Equilibrium’s users and to the Polkadot ecosystem.
Reef DeFi will build customer journey applications for its DeFi products using the Cere Decentralized Data Cloud and Cere network will bring better user experience for Reef platform users via its SaaS-DeFi tooling.
Kylin Network will utilize a CertiKShield to protect $KYL tokens with an additional layer of security, as well as undergo a CertiK code audit to identify and address potential flaws.
Injective (the first layer-2 derivatives exchange) will extend to Clover, a parachain of Polkadot, in order to bridge new Polkadot-based assets.
Knit Finance (DeFi protocol that aims to bridge multiple non-Ethereum chains with ERC20 in Phase 1.) will incorporate Paralink’s cross chain oracles into its DeFi products.
Egoras (the microfinance protocol for uncollateralized lending) will utilize PAID SMART Agreements to increase transparency surrounding its business agreement process by bringing their off-chain loan agreements on-chain.
🍭 Support Polkadot News: 14SszHRmSLsND9PVR6QG5nPxbMb2PcndRMKyaed9eHdbsTho