Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest
May 3rd — May 9th
1. EVENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- May 19th — 20th, Polkadot Decoded — the biggest Polkadot event of the year. 2 days, 3 stages, about 40 talks from 40+ speakers. And a barstool chat with Gavin Wood! Know more and register.
- The current minimum to stake on Polkadot is now 1 DOT (the existential deposit).
Acala has delivered all milestones for the Web3 Foundation grant, received for xTokens pallet, which brings cross-chain message passing (XCM) ability to all parachains in the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystems.
- Microsoft has accepted Stake Technologies, the company behind Plasm Network, for “Microsoft for Startups” program. Plasm is going to start Shiden Azure Program by using Microsoft Azure when Shiden becomes a Kusama Parachain.
- Shiden Network, a canary net of Plasm received its own web site. Shiden Network is a multi-chain decentralized application layer on Kusama Network.
- Phala Network is officially open for applications to the Ambassador program. Community Engagement Specialist, Content Creator, Meetup & Events Specialist, SNS/PR Specialist,DEV/Tech Specialist are required.
- Phala x Patract. Phala Network and Patract will collaborate to implement Wasm confidential contracts in the Polkadot ecosystem.
ChainX to release 2+1 testnet by the end of May by and recruiting Currency Ambassadors by ChainX.
Koda Dot offers bounties for development community-owned NFT gallery.
The team recently updated Robonomics PLO webpage by making it more informative and now you can see big picture of the future of Robonomics Relay Chain on Polkadot.
Knit Finance and Edgeware are partnering to integrate EDG into Knit Finance’s Multichain platform. With Knit Finance, users can deposit a supported token into Knit Finance’s insured custodial solution and then mint K-Tokens. Details.
Manta Network invites everyone to become a Mantalorian — Manta’s Ambassador. Mantalorians have access to the core development team and are invited into the private team discussion channels. Also ambassadors will be rewarded with token and other perks.
The first project to be supported by the Crust Grants Program — Skyekiwi. SkyeKiwi will provide an off-chain encryption and metadata handling toolkit combined with on-chain NFT-like smart contract solutions to achieve decentralized secret sharing.
Rmrk will airdrop RMRK tokens to everyone who had an egg or a bird in their address on June 2nd, as a gesture of thanks to all the earliest supporters. Check out the Fairdrop details.
Standard Protocol and its next generation stablecoin will employ Darwinia’s cross-chain bridge to improve multi-chain user adoption.
Reef initiated the Reef Chain Developer Support Program, to provide unparalleled guidance and mentorship to those teams and entrepreneurs currently building on Polkadot Network and EVM-compatible blockchains.
Konomi will be participating in Web3 Foundation‘s new Web3 Bootcamp. The Web3 Bootcamp, conducted by the Web3 Foundation, Parity Technologies Wanxiang Blockchain Labs and New Chainbase, is an annually conducted program that aims to generate a quantum leap within the selected start-ups.
- The Livetree (a media technology company) team has completed an initial successful integration to deploy its existing Ethereum-based contracts into Moonbeam. Details.
- Moonbeam announced an integration with Polkassembly. This integration will make on-chain governance more approachable and accessible. Polkassembly explorers for Moonriver and Moonbeam will be available once launched.
Coinversation — a collateralized synthetic asset issuance protocol and AMM-based DEX on Polkadot — will integrate Chainlink Price Feeds as an oracle solution for accurate price data on all assets used within the protocol.
Bounce will integrate Automata Witness (traceless privacy services for dApps)— an anonymous voting solution that hides users’ identity and preference for privacy and democratic governance.
Klever Mobile Wallet
Klever all in one Cryptocurrency Wallet is proposing to expand into the Polkadot ecosystem. First step forward will be Kusama inclusion. Klever is requesting treasury funding for Klever team to include Kusama in the Klever Wallet.
2. NEW PROJECTS
An interoperable DeFi conglomerate on Kusama. A canary network of Equilibrium.
Skyrim Finance is the First Multichain Decentralized Structured Finance Marketplace aiming to build the Robo-Advisor of DeFi ecosystem to help investors of different profiles have risk-adjusted return through fixed-rate and leveraged-yield DeFi products.
ORAO is a data agnostic oracle network that supports multiple blockchains providing proactive data rating and computation capabilities.
A Dedicated Blockchain That Is Optimized Specifically For DeFi And NFTs