May 10th — May 16th
1. EVENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- May 19th — 20th, Polkadot Decoded — the biggest Polkadot event of the year. 2 days, 3 stages, about 40 talks from 40+ speakers. And a barstool chat with Gavin Wood! Know more and register.
- PolkadotDecoded “Gotta Find Them All!” (until the end of the conference on May 20th). There is a chance to win Polkadot-branded Ledger Nano X’s, swag, and NFTs from the creators in the Polkadot ecosystem. Join.
- PARSIQ has launched the Polkadot integration, allowing users to build smart triggers on the Polkadot Relay Chain and access our real-time monitoring on the first layer-0 network.
- Legitimate and illegitimate projects. How can they be identified? Know more with Polkadot Wiki.
Bifrost’s SALP is a solution to release users’ KSM/DOT liquidity locked in Crowdloan by generating derivatives. During Kusama Slot Auction, vsKSM minting will be launched for the first time, where KSMs minted in vsKSM will be used in the Bifrost Kusama Parachain Slot Auction. The vsKSM Mint Drop will be divided into two main periods: the Reservation period and the Minting period. Know more.
Zeitgeist has started its first public testnet campaign, The Kusama Derby. It is a Prediction Market, where parachain slot auctions are presented as a horse race and participants can cast predictions buying or selling each horse’s ‘outcome token’.
Zeitgeist is allocating 100,000 $ZTG, or a total of 0.1% of the total $ZTG genesis supply, to the Kusama Derby campaign. In order to participate you must first sign-up for the Gleam campaign. How to participate.
Bit.Country raised $4M in the first round of funding for individualized metaverses. The first round was led by four top web3 and metaverse pioneers along with another 56 metaverse-future believers around the world.
Acala’s sister network Karura (the DeFi Hub of Kusama) has started its referral program. Get 5% bonus with Polkadot News link and invite others!
Litentry has announced its parachain slot auction strategy:
- Litentry will participate in both the Kusama and the Polkadot auctions;
- The team plans to migrate the ERC-20 LIT tokens to a Substrate-based network;
- To bring more economic benefits to Litentry’s crowdloan followers, Litentry plans to team up with exchanges.
- Phala has launched its Mining Pool Protocol Component to help miners, third-party mining pools, and clustered mining sites manage TEE equipment: Phala Runtime Bridge.
- Phala x Kanaria
Phala and RMRK have collaborated to combine Khala and Kanaria’s feature set and extend Khala-bonuses to existing and new Kanaria bird owners. Specifically, anyone participating in Khala’s crowdloan will be able to use the same crypto address to claim a special Kanaria trait — a child NFT that can be equipped onto one’s Kanaria bird, and which will give the owner platform some Khala perks.
- Genshiro lockdrop on Kusama starts on May 27. Lock 1 EQ for 10 GENS and get a bonus up to 30%. Find more details here.
- Band protocol is the newest oracle provider to integrate its price feeds with Genshiro, a canary network of Equilibrium and a Kusama-based DeFi parachain.
- Shiden Parachain Auction Strategy. Shiden is a multi-chain decentralized application layer on Kusama Network by Plasm Network.
- Automata Network successfully deployed Witness as an off-chain governance solution on Dusty Network, the testnet of Plasm Network.
- The RMRK announced the launch of Singular: RMRK’s official minting and trading UI for Kusama-native NFTs. The interface lets users mint NFTs, list them for sale, trade with others, and even send emotes to owner’s or other people’s NFTs.
- Acala x RMRK
Acala and RMRK have collaborated to combine Karura and Kanaria’s feature set and extend Karura-bonuses to existing and new Kanaria bird owners. Specifically, anyone participating in Karura’s crowdloan will be able to use the same crypto address to claim a special Kanaria trait — a child NFT that can be equipped onto one’s Kanaria bird, and which will give the owner platform bonuses all across Karura.
Zeitgeist will integrate a part or all of RMRK2.0 logic through its pallets when ready, allowing RMRK NFTs to live on Zeitgeist;
Zeitgeist will use RMRK NFT’s to reward community members for testnet participation, community activity, and more.
Users who have those NFTs will be entitled to some special perks on the Zeitgeist platform. Perks to be announced by the Zeitgeist team.
- Convergence Finance will be integrating with Moonbeam Network to facilitate deployment onto Polkadot Substrate and Web3.0 environments.
- Moonbeam is one of the sponsors and speakers at 0xHack blockchain hackathon. Want to learn more about Moonbeam, the Ethereum-compatible parachain on Polkadot? Tune in to Alberto Viera‘s workshop on Monday 17th, 10 am UTC.
Fearless wallet released iOS version v1.7 with staking features. It is now available for testing. Android is coming.
Patract x NFTMart. This is the first NFT platform to join the Patract Open Platform. NFTMart plans to integrate the Wasm contract function after the mainnet is online, and deploy NFT Wasm contract by using the Redspot & Europa.
dTrade has closed a $6.4M seed investment round. dTrade is the first DEX for perpetual swaps and options built on Polkadot. Rounds are co-led by Three Arrows Capital and DeFiance Capital, with Polychain Capital, ParaFi Capital, Huobi and others.
The StaFi team has launched rATOM App on the mainnet, a solution to unlock the liquidity of Cosmos staking.
Bondly Announces Token Buyback Program. At the end of each quarter, a % of Bondly‘s net profits from off-platform NFT sales from that period will be used to buy back $BONDLY tokens from the open market and stored in a public wallet.
2. NEW PROJECTS
Paralaunch is a parachain slot auction platform based on Bifrost SALP. Get slot derivatives vsToken, hedge slot auction lock-up risk.
Multi-chain NFT marketplace build on Polkadot
Nuchain or Nusantara Chain is Indonesian based blockchain built to support web 3.0 platform in Indonesia.