Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. July 18th — July 24th/2022
Polkadot / Kusama
- Polkadot 0.9.26 has been released with MEDIUM upgrade priority.
- Interested in upgrading your web3 and Polkadot dev skills while addressing some of the most pressing problems facing communities? Join Web3athon with $800k+ in prizes, and bring your idea to life.
- Polkadot uses a proof-of-stake protocol which does not require energy-intensive mining, unlike many other NFT platforms. According to Bloomberg, Polkadot has the smallest carbon footprint among proof-of-stake blockchains. Read more.
- Referendum 69, proposing to upgrade the Polkadot relay chain to runtime v9250, is currently passing by a wide margin with a few days left to vote.
- Congratulations to BridgePort on winning Polkadot’s 22nd parachain auction. BridgePort is bringing gaming and blockchain technology platforms together to build the infrastructure on Web3, metaverse space, and the NFT ecosystem globally.
- Congratulations to Kintsugi on winning the last Kusama auction in this batch. This is the second auction Kintsugi has won and this time without a crowdloan. The project is bringing radically open Bitcoin to the Kusama ecosystem.
Acala / Karura
- Acala recently introduced the Interprotocol aUSD Distribution Scheme (IADS), a novel approach to add liquidity to protocols like Taiga via the aUSD protocol. IADS will generate aUSD for deposit into the Taiga 3-pool to improve liquidity efficiency and help the aUSD peg.
- Acala has been integrated into the InfStones platform to round out the Kusama ecosystem. Learn more about this exciting partnership here.
- Integritee’s token is now live on Karura. The availability of TEER on another Kusama parachain was made possible thanks to the XCM integration.
OAK / Turing
- OAK Network releases auto compounding API’s for staking on the Turing Network.
- OAK’s Engineering Team partook in the Greylock University Techfair which connected university students & recent grads with founders and startups in the most dynamic spaces.
- OAK published its Governance Overview video that introduces viewers to the core concepts and importance of OAK’s governance.
- vsKSM has completed its first repurchase and burn, which will become normalized in the future. The repurchase is funded by 75% of the KSM in the lighting redeem, with the remaining 25% going to Bifrost treasury.
- Bifrost Analysis Panel goes live, now you can follow the data analysis of TVL, vKSM, vsKSM, vsDOT in real time, and more data are still being added.
Litentry / Litmus
Astar / Shiden
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- Want to know what are cross-chain connected contracts and why is this idea paving the way for the next generation of Web3 apps? Read Moonbeam’s recent article for a full rundown.
- You can now connect your Talisman wallet to the Moonbeam & Moonriver app.
- Moonbeam x Axelar. “The Axelar protocol has extended the number of networks to be within Moonbeam Network‘s reach by allowing tokens to be bridged between select Cosmos and EVM networks.”
- Moonbeam <> Osmosis cross-chain integration is now live via Axelar Network, enabling one-click swaps between the two chains. This brings together Polkadot & Cosmos — connecting two of the biggest interoperable ecosystems.
- Zenlink will officially launch on the Astar network on July 26th at 10:00 am UTC, with Farming and Bootstrap being available to the community at that time.
- The first BAI 4pool (USDC+BUSD+BAI+DAI) will appear on Zenlink the same day. Astar treasury has provided 1.2M ASTR to incentivize incoming liquidity providers.
- Zenlink’s 9th cycle of trade mining has ended and the 10th cycle is live. Claim your rewards on Moonbeam or Bifrost.
Composable Finance / Picasso
- Composable Finance’s team shared key insights and learnings: in the past few months, they have gathered worldwide to meet innovation leaders across various ecosystems, presenting their philosophy, demo, and innovations at several conferences.
- Composable’s documentation was updated. Explore their most recent developer guides, information on their parachains (Composable and Picasso), product and tech stack.