Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. July 18th — July 24th/2022

Polkadot / Kusama

  • Polkadot 0.9.26 has been released with MEDIUM upgrade priority.
  • Interested in upgrading your web3 and Polkadot dev skills while addressing some of the most pressing problems facing communities? Join Web3athon with $800k+ in prizes, and bring your idea to life.
  • Polkadot uses a proof-of-stake protocol which does not require energy-intensive mining, unlike many other NFT platforms. According to Bloomberg, Polkadot has the smallest carbon footprint among proof-of-stake blockchains. Read more.
  • Referendum 69, proposing to upgrade the Polkadot relay chain to runtime v9250, is currently passing by a wide margin with a few days left to vote.
  • Congratulations to BridgePort on winning Polkadot’s 22nd parachain auction. BridgePort is bringing gaming and blockchain technology platforms together to build the infrastructure on Web3, metaverse space, and the NFT ecosystem globally.
  • Congratulations to Kintsugi on winning the last Kusama auction in this batch. This is the second auction Kintsugi has won and this time without a crowdloan. The project is bringing radically open Bitcoin to the Kusama ecosystem.

Acala / Karura

  • Acala recently introduced the Interprotocol aUSD Distribution Scheme (IADS), a novel approach to add liquidity to protocols like Taiga via the aUSD protocol. IADS will generate aUSD for deposit into the Taiga 3-pool to improve liquidity efficiency and help the aUSD peg.
  • Acala has been integrated into the InfStones platform to round out the Kusama ecosystem. Learn more about this exciting partnership here.
  • Integritee’s token is now live on Karura. The availability of TEER on another Kusama parachain was made possible thanks to the XCM integration.

OAK / Turing

Bifrost

  • vsKSM has completed its first repurchase and burn, which will become normalized in the future. The repurchase is funded by 75% of the KSM in the lighting redeem, with the remaining 25% going to Bifrost treasury.
  • Bifrost Analysis Panel goes live, now you can follow the data analysis of TVL, vKSM, vsKSM, vsDOT in real time, and more data are still being added.

Litentry / Litmus

Astar / Shiden

  • Astar is excited to share something they have been working on. Swanky: the all-in-one WASM tool.

Moonbeam / Moonriver

  • Want to know what are cross-chain connected contracts and why is this idea paving the way for the next generation of Web3 apps? Read Moonbeam’s recent article for a full rundown.
  • You can now connect your Talisman wallet to the Moonbeam & Moonriver app.
  • Moonbeam x Axelar. “The Axelar protocol has extended the number of networks to be within Moonbeam Network‘s reach by allowing tokens to be bridged between select Cosmos and EVM networks.”
  • Moonbeam <> Osmosis cross-chain integration is now live via Axelar Network, enabling one-click swaps between the two chains. This brings together Polkadot & Cosmos — connecting two of the biggest interoperable ecosystems.

Zenlink

SORA

Dock

  • Dock’s Web3 IDs are now live. All the information about this novelty can be found here.

KILT

  • Polkadot-based NFT project Moonsama has announced that it integrated KILT’s SocialKYC on its Multiverse Bridge, allowing users to sign in using their wallets instead of usernames and passwords.

Composable Finance / Picasso

  • Composable Finance’s team shared key insights and learnings: in the past few months, they have gathered worldwide to meet innovation leaders across various ecosystems, presenting their philosophy, demo, and innovations at several conferences.
  • Composable’s documentation was updated. Explore their most recent developer guides, information on their parachains (Composable and Picasso), product and tech stack.

Parallel Finance / Heiko

Manta / Calamari

  • The Manta team published their ecosystem update for Q1/Q2 of 2022. Check out this article which details all of the accomplishments and efforts.

Equilibrium / Genshiro

  • Genshiro is officially distributing GENS rewards to former MM pool contributors. Maintain an account balance of $5 (according to requirements) to ensure your rewards do not simply vanish once they have been delivered.

Enjin / Efinity

  • Efinity will power Final Fantasy NFT collectibles by Square Enix. The Polkadot-based NFTs will be paired with physical trading cards and toys, which will be released in 2023.

❤️ Follow Polkadot News: Telegram, Twitter.

--

--

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Polkadot News

Polkadot News

Polkadot Ecosystem: Weekly Digest and Projects overview. Polkadot Ambassador.