Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. May 16–22.2022
Polkadot / Kusama
- Polkadot Blockchain Academy is at Cambridge (UK) for 4 weeks starting July 11th. It will teach cryptography, blockchain fundamentals, and developing on Substrate/Polkadot. Register here.
- Polkadot v0.9.22 has been released with LOW upgrade priority. This release switches to a new JSON-RPC server library and adds nomination pools to the native Kusama runtime.
- Congrats to OriginTrail for winning the latest parachain slot auction on Polkadot!
Acala / Karura
- Acala is sponsoring DeFi bounties in the “Polkadot Global: North America” hackathon, a 7-week online event offering over $250,000 in prizes. It starts May 30th.
- Participated in the Acala Early Adopter Program? You now have an exclusive NFT, which can be found here.
- Polkadex will integrate aUSD as the default stablecoin for the Polkadex parachain. Users will be able to leverage aUSD stablecoin trading functionality on Polkadex’s decentralized exchange. Learn more.
Litentry / Litmus
Litentry’s Litmus token bridge is now live. It will allow users to transfer the LIT token from ERC 20 into the Litmus Network.
Astar / Shiden
- Nomination Transfer has been requested since the release of DApp Staking and it is finally here. Read more about this amazing new feature from Astar.
- Astar’s DOT Festival is about to begin. This article to prepare you for what is coming.
- XCM is now on ASTAR. You can now transfer your KSM + DOT on Shiden and Astar networks.
- Astar has partnered with MyConstant bringing ASTR to their platform. You will now be able to collateralize your ASTR and borrow against it. Read more about this partnership.
- Algem — the new native liquid staking DeFi dApp on top of Astar Network offering new ways for ASTR users and holders to earn more.
Interlay / Kintsugi
Centrifuge / Altair
Centrifuge has announced a strategic partnership with BlockTower. The partnership will enable Centrifuge to access institutional capital to accelerate the financing of real-world assets on the blockchain. The team completed a $3 million first-round treasury token sale in April 2022.
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- The Big Unlock is complete. More than 1 million KSM locked for the 1st five winning crowdloans on Kusama was made available to participants. This event coincides with the completion of the Moonriver Crowdloan Rewards distribution. Details.
- Khala, the sister network to Phala Network, has opened up a cross-chain channel with Moonriver via XCM integration. With this integration, kPHA is now available on Moonriver as xcPHA for use across its active DeFi ecosystem.
Composable Finance / Picasso
- Composable Finance is launching a grants program for developers and projects building with CosmWasm.
- Whirlpool will be deployed on Picasso Network to bring privacy to Kusama & beyond.
- Subsquid partners with Composable Finance. So far, developers from both teams have worked together to launch a Subsquid Archive on Picasso.
Bit.Country / Pioneer
Creating NFT collections on Bit.Country is super easy and fun. Users can create collections and list them for sale on local and global marketplaces. Metaverse owners will be able to engage and grow their community with user-created NFT collections.
Manta / Calamari
To advance ZKP, Polkadot is allocating the first Polkadot Pioneers Prize reward towards the Manta Network architected challenge on ZPRIZE. They are working together to solve for scalable ZKP solutions on web3. Details.
Equilibrium / Genshiro
- Equilibrium has launched the first on-chain orderbook DEX in Dotsama. It’s now LIVE on their canary network Genshiro and will be rolled out on Equilibrium soon.
- Equilibrium has added SubWallet support on its Kusama-based Genshiro. To celebrate the partnership they decided to drop 50,000 EQ.
- The deadline for the Mega $10,000 worth EQ Gleam Community Giveaway is now extended till May 28. Grab this opportunity and participate now to win a share of the prize pool.
KILT’s mission is to make Web3 safer and easier for users. Learn more about the KILT Coin’s utility, how KILT deposits work, and how to claim your on-chain DID and web3name with a deposit of 2 KILT Coins.