Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. October 17th — 23rd/2022
Polkadot / Kusama
- Parity co-founder Björn Wagner will step up to the role of company CEO while former CEO Gavin Wood retains the title of Chief Architect.
- Crust Network is the winner of the 30th Polkadot Parachain Auction. Congratulations!
- Polkadot 0.9.30 has been released with LOW upgrade priority.
- Interested to learn more about Polkadot and the underlying technology? Join the Web3x introductory course featuring Polkadot founders and Web3 Foundation educators to get a comprehensive overview of the network.
- Polkadot hit an all-time high in development activity in Q3, sustaining momentum through to the end of September. And parachains have been super busy exploring interoperability too. Read more.
Acala / Karura
Litentry / Litmus
OAK / Turing
- Ace Dashboard by Web3Go has been added to the Nova Wallet DApp catalog. The ACE Dashboard makes it easy to schedule future events, check your auto-compounding status, and display the user’s task history on Turing Network.
- OAK Network published an auto-compounding staking guide for Subwallet, Nova Wallet, and StakeTUR dashboard users.
Centrifuge / Altair
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- Darwinia & Moonbeam are now connected via XCM integration. This enables RING cross-chain token transfers & opens the door for connected contract interactions via Darwinia’s Universal Cross-Chain Messaging Network.
- Hyperlane, the interoperability platform, became live on Moonbeam, adding to cross-chain capabilities and new features for building DApps from which users can tap into many tokens & chains at once. Learn more.
- The Interim Treasury Program Proposal was approved via Moonbeam community vote with a total 742 votes & 836.714 GLMR staked on Polkassembly.
- StellaSwap is proud to announce Moonbeam Ignite, an eco-wide campaign that is focused on spearheading the growth of Moonbeam. Over the next 24 weeks, 12 million GLMR would be distributed to LPs across StellaSwap & Moonwell.
Enjin / Efinity
Parallel Finance / Heiko
- XCM integration between Darwinia and Parallel Finance is now live. Both teams will work together to explore some interesting use cases between parachains over time.
- USDT is now supported as a collateral on both Parallel and Heiko Money Market. Users can borrow up to 65% the value against their USDT collateral.
Equilibrium / Genshiro
- RMRK has published a complete review of their NFT standard.
- What’s next for Skybreach? “… development of Skybreach metaverse is still ongoing, and the next steps in preparation for the full Skybreach metaverse experience is migration of Kanaria birds to RMRK NFT smart contracts, as well as turning Land plots into RMRK NFTs, after which mini games will be released including the highly-anticipated chunky-quests, among others.” Know more from this thread.
- Dock Q4 Roadmap Update is now live.
- Dock has created The Ultimate Guide 2022 on Self-Sovereign Identity.
Phala / Khala
Crust / Shadow
Astar / Shiden
- The local government of Fukuoka, a city in Japan, has announced a partnership with Astar Japan Lab along with other major companies to expand its Web3 endeavors becoming the first municipality city to do so.
- Ceres Token has listed CERES/ASTR and DEO/ASTR pairs on Zenlink.
- Astar’s 1st WASM showcase dApp is here: Uniswap-V2 DEX.
- Shiden x Zenlink: the xcSDN Liquidity Incentive Program has been activated.