Parachain auctions and crowdloans
Congratulations to Kilt Protocol on the obtaining the parachain slot!
Top 5 crowdloan participants by the 12 th of August.
- KILT is as the winner of the 6th Kusama parachain auction. Now they begin onboarding of collators, introducing governance and Treasury. In 2–3 months they plan to remove the Sudo key and reach decentralisation.
- Calamari is now closed for contributions (unless it wins the parachain slot).
- Zenlink SlotVault is a good option to earn some ZLK tokens while participate in Altair, Kinsugi, Crust, SherpaX or Sakura crowdloans. How it works.
- We’ve posted a series of articles about second batch parachain candidates: their tokenomics, crowdloan terms, rewards and bonuses.
Our referral links in one place.
- Gavin Wood posted a primer on XCM, Polkadot’s inter-chain messaging format. It’s the first in a series of articles explaining what it does, how it works, how to use it and what it could become.
- Substrate sub0 dev-conference Oct 13–14, 2021
Take a look at the Substrate’s journey thus far in the upcoming keynote from Polkadot founder Gawin Wood, and see what the future holds for the blockchain framework behind Polkadot and Kusama. Save your spot
- Bertrand Perez is joining the Web3 Foundation as chief operating officer after resigning from the Facebook-linked Diem in July. Coindesk article
- Bifrost upgraded runtime to 0.8.4. It will support bi-directional asset cross-chaining between Kusama,Bifrost and Karura, allowing KSM to be transferred between them. Subsequent releases will enable bi-directional transfers of BNC/kUSD/KAR. Read more about upgrade’s new features
- Bifrost has initiated a referendum proposal to remove SUDO to achieve decentralized governance. BNC holders can participate in votings.| How to vote|.
- Zenlink has completed the Series A funding, led by Alameda Research and followed by IOSG Ventures, Hashkey Capital, OKEx Blockdream Ventures, Hypersphere Ventures, SNZ Holding, SevenX Ventures, DFG, TRG Capital, PAKA. Read more
- Zenlink will launch the 2nd Zenlink Pro beta test on Moonriver. Only 200 people can participate. Successful applicants will be able to experience the first Polkadot-based cross-chain DEX and start the Polkadot DeFi journey. Learn more.
- Tree (Stable Asset Protocol) from Nuts Finance receives the first Acala Grant.
Nuts Finance brings to the Acala ecosystem a stable asset system with capabilities including stable swap liquidity pools and synthetic assets backed by closely pegged assets.
- The Acala Treasury has raised $61M+ from over 26k people to enable self-sustainablility of the network: self-funding future parachain slots, bootstrapping new DApps, funding its own growth through various Treasury proposals.
- Acala is integrating Chainlink oracle pallet for price feeds for the upcoming Acala launch on Polkadot.
- Astar Network announced the launch of a $30M Astar/Shiden Ecosystem “Growth Fund Ⅰ” to help them build the premier dApp hub on Kusama and Polkadot. Meanwhile Microsoft Japan has announced that the company will provide a wide range of support in the areas of marketing and infrastructure for projects that are building on the Astar/Shiden Network. Read more
- Multi chain DEX PolkaEX is coming to Shiden Network. Here’s a demo
- Standard Protocol has secured the Builder Program grant from Shiden Network with unanimous vote to bring their stablecoin MTR as the first native stablecoin on the ecosystem. Learn more
Moonbeam & Lido Finance collaborate to bring liquid staking for DOT on Moonbeam and KSM on Moonriver. Read more
Fearless Wallet 1.9.4 for iOS has just been released. Update the app to fix issues from a recent API change. Android update is coming soon.
SubQuery closed a US$9 million Series A funding round co-led by Arrington Capital, DCG and Stratos Technologies. It follows a seed round in early 2021, which included DeFi Alliance, The LAO, Digital Renaissance, P2P Capital, and Web3 Capital. Read more
Next step — integration with other Layer 1 chains, such as Solana and Terra.
JP GAMES seeks to use XOR token by SORA as the native token of its Pegasus World Kit (a developer toolkit for virtual games). To provide initial liquidity, JP GAMES seeks a community loan of 60k XOR. This will be proposed to the community and voted on. Read more